Terms & Conditions
This page tells you information about Ottar Chocolate and the legal Terms and Conditions on which we sell any of the products listed on our website to you through use of the online checkout.
To contact us please see our Contact Us page on this site.
All items are sold by Ottar Chocolate Ltd, located at Brewery Yard, Welbeck, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 3LT. Company Registered in England & Wales No. 10045237. VAT Registration Number: 241680419. All contracts will be made under English law and subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
All contents on these web pages are copyright to Ottar Chocolate Ltd. (including, but not limited to, all text, copy, logos, pictures, source code, design). Unauthorised use of any of the contents without written permission from Ottar Chocolate is Ltd. is prohibited.
These Terms and Conditions apply if you are dealing with us as a consumer. If you wish to trade with us in the course of your business please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect these legal rights.
ORDERING + PURCHASING
Placing an order
Once you place an order online, it is classed as an offer. By proceeding through the ‘Checkout Process’ and ticking the ‘Accept’ tick-box regarding these Terms and Conditions, you agree to these Terms and Conditions, and you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by Ottar Chocolate, will result in a binding contract. Your completion of the checkout process does not, however, constitute Ottar Chocolate’s acceptance of your order. Payment will be taken from your debit/credit card and an acknowledgment of receipt of your order will be emailed to you. Acceptance of your order and the formation of a contract between you and Ottar Chocolate will take place on despatch of the products ordered, unless Ottar Chocolate has notified you that they do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it. Whilst your debit/credit card will, therefore, be debited before the contract is formed, if your order is ultimately rejected, a full refund will be made immediately. If for some reason you do not receive an email acknowledging receipt of your order, yet your credit/debit card has been debited, please notify Ottar Chocolate immediately.
All activity taking place through your account is your responsibility. If you believe that any of your account details have been compromised, and are being used by people other than yourself, please inform Ottar Chocolate immediately. Pricing includes VAT (where applicable) at the current rate. Prices may be updated periodically and this may affect orders already in the system. If so Ottar Chocolate will inform you of the revised price before despatching your order. You may then choose to accept or decline the order.
Cancellation of an order
If you wish to cancel an order you have made, please contact us immediately using the details on the Contact Us page on this site. Ottar Chocolate may not accept cancellation of orders as preparation, packing and despatch often happens very shortly after receiving the order. If Ottar Chocolate accepts the cancellation of your order, and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
Returns + refunds
We will do our very best to make sure that all goods reach you in the condition they leave our production facility. However, it is your responsibility to check your order carefully immediately on receipt of goods and you must inform Ottar Chocolate within 24 hours of any problem with your delivered order. Do not return the goods without first contacting and discussing the issue with Ottar Chocolate. Returns of perishable items are normally only accepted if the goods are found to be damaged before delivery to you. If Ottar Chocolate accepts the return, and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. Goods not signed for and left at a safe place designated by the customer are the responsibility of the customer, returns and refunds for perishable products not signed for at the point of delivery unfortunately can not be accepted
Your parcel charges are calculated at the checkout by weight vs dimensions. Standard UK mainland charges apply starting at £4.00 and will never exceed £5.25. You will receive free delivery on all orders over £75.00 and any delivery charges will be displayed at the checkout.
For deliveries to Northern Ireland/Isle of Man/Scottish Islands/Isles of Scilly/Eire/Channel Islands please contacts us for a quotation.
We regret that we are unable to send goods beyond the UK.
Details of how to track your order are available on your shipping confirmation email.
All of our products are hand selected and in some instances are produced fresh to order. For this reason we operate a three day delivery turnaround. This means that orders received by 12pm Monday–Friday, excluding Bank Holidays will take three business/working days to arrive. As soon as your order is ready for despatch, our courier will collect and deliver the next working day.
Facebook Competition Terms
- This competition is being run by Ottar Chocolate Ltd.
- Entrants must like the Facebook post to be entered
- The winner will be randomly selected.
- The winner will receive a box of chocolates with 16 individual chocolates inside.
- Ottar Chocolate is under no obligation to send the chocolates within a certain timeframe but will communicate the exact date they are sent.
- The chocolates will be sent by post.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Ottar Chocolate may end this offer at any given time without notice.
- In the event that Ottar Chocolate is (for whatever reason) unable to procure the indicated prize, then a substitute prize of equal value will be sent subject to these same terms and conditions.
- The winner will be informed by a reply to their comment plus a Facebook message within 28 days of the closing date and will need to respond within 28 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The prize may not be exchanged.
- The prize must be delivered to a valid UK address.
- The opening date for this competition is Wednesday the 6th December 2017.
- The closing date for entry to this competition is Monday the 18th December 2017 at 14:00 GMT.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.